Welcome to Thorek Memorial Hospital Andersonville, a medical-surgical facility offering on-site physician specialists in cardiology, neurology, geriatric oncology, ophthalmology, general surgery, orthopedics, behavioral medicine, dentistry and podiatry. Also offering internal medicine and family practice, the hospital has 145 licensed beds located amid the Andersonville/Ravenswood neighborhoods of Chicago.
In keeping with its mission, Thorek Memorial Hospital Andersonville is committed to providing compassionate, cost effective healthcare and related services that promote the dignity and well-being of those it serves. We are also proud to be one of only two healthcare providers in northern Illinois whose Department of Behavioral Medicine treats developmentally-disabled persons who also suffer from mental illness.
The unique treatment is designed to provide psychiatric stabilization, restore previous levels of functioning and re-integrate patients into the community. Patients receive individual care based upon the reason for their admission which includes:
- Assessment of bio-psycho-social and spiritual needs
- Interdisciplinary identification of treatment goals and plan of care
- Interventions, provided by the multidisciplinary team, that include:
- Individual therapy, group therapy and milieu management
- Medical management
- Education regarding their disease, medications, relapse prevention, coping skills and overall wellness
- Medication management
- Family support and/or treatment
- Discharge planning
Our staff is experienced with a wide variety of cultures. We are able to communicate with individuals speaking English, Spanish, Korean, Tagalog, Polish and Bulgarian. Interpreter services are also available.